INFORMATION WE COLLECT
To aid your treatment or as part of purchasing something from our clinics you will normally provide us with certain information, such as your name, email address, postal address, medical information.
WHY WE NEED YOUR INFORMATION AND HOW WE USE IT
We rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use and share your information including:
- Where it is necessary for the purpose of the provision of health care as needed to provide our services, such as when I use your information to fulfill your podiatry assessment and treatment, or to provide customer support.
- When you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up to our mailing list
- If necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law.
We do not send any marketing material via post or email – you do not need to opt out
INFORMATION SHARING AND DISCLOSURE
Information about our patients is important to our business. I share your personal information for VERY limited reasons and circumstances, as follows
- Medical professionals. With your consent I will share information with medical professionals such as your GP or consultant to allow continuity of care
- Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my business, such as external reception services. I will share your personal details with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services
- Business transfers. If I sell or merge my business, I may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law and with your consent
- Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain and share your information if I am legally required to.
TRANSFER OF PERSONAL INFORMATION OUTSIDE THE EU
We may store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the USA and other jurisdictions. As a result, I may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction. If I am deemed to transfer information outside of the EU, I rely on Privacy Shield as the legal basis for the transfer, as X CLOUD is Privacy Shield certified.
You have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
- You have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you by contacting me using the contact details at the end of this document
- Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of , or delete your personal information . In the case of health records these are normally exempt from change and deletion requests
- You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- If you wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you have), you have the right to do so with the information commissioner at www.ico.org.uk
HOW TO CONTACT ME
For purposes of the GDPR, I, ANDREW GLADSTONE, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at email@example.com
Alternately, you can mail me at
Chiropody and Podiatry Clinics In:
Fenchurch Street EC3
FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA